Pages

24th December 2006

Today I attempted to empty some of the nest boxes that were put up two years ago by the council woodland officers. For this I have acquired a apir of telescopic ladders as they'll fit nicely into a car boot. Sadly even at 3.2 metres tall they aren't tall enough for me to be able to reach most of the boxes. I managed to reach two boxes, both of which had nests needing removal.
After searching for nest boxes which were low enough for me to reach I aborted my efforts and went a watched a few birds......

Coppice Pond; had a pair of Goosanders and the 23 Canada Geese were still present. There was no sign of yesterdays Kingfisher.

Bingley entrance; I had parked my car close to the Bingly entrance. When I got back to my car I noticed there were several birds about so I stood and watched. There are a few large Beech trees which were attracting at least 10 Chaffinches, several Blue Tits, a few Coal Tits and about 20 Great Tits. Also in the area were Nuthatch, Treecreeper, and Great Spotted Woodpecker.

No comments: