Pages

15th December 2007

A full wander around the estate grounds this morning produced the following sightings;

Coppice Pond
Although partially frozen it made counting the waterfowl easier. The lone Mute Swan remains but there was no Canada Geese again. There were 42 Mallards, 10 Coot and at least 7 Moorhen.

Racecourse Plantation
Feeding quietly in the pathside trees were 4 Redpoll which I nearly missed as I walked past them. thanks to a flock of Goldcrests I managed to see them.

Blind Lane
A flock of 75+ Redwings were feeding among the leaf litter under two large isolated trees in the fields either side of Blind Lane. they didn't appear to mind me as I got closer and closer and I had excellent views of this winter visiting Thrush.

Cuckoo's Nest Wood
Nuthatches and Treecreepers were very vocal though I didn't see many of either.

No comments: